McGuireWoods’ clients include local, national and multinational employers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses and nonprofits. With more than 70 lawyers in the United States and Europe, our labor and employment team handles upwards of 4,000 employment-related matters each year. We counsel employers in every aspect of the employer/employee relationship, including federal, state and international law compliance; traditional labor issues; internal investigations; federal contracting; and executive compensation.
Recognition by Chambers USA in recent years for our labor and employment regional practices, including North Carolina and Virginia, plus nearly a dozen rankings for individual attorneys. Along with excellent benefits, McGuireWoods offers our attorneys a competitive salary with hours and merit bonus opportunities, billable hours credit for pro bono work, and a hybrid in office/remote option allowing flexibility and work-life balance.
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience, which may include time as a judicial clerk.
- The candidate must have a strong academic background and demonstrate top-notch legal writing, research, and analysis.
- The candidate must have litigation experience (preferably defense side on employment cases), including managing written discovery, preparing for and/or taking and defending depositions, and dispositive motion briefing with partner and/or senior attorney oversight.
- Class action defense experience is also preferred, but not required.
- In addition to litigation experience, the ideal candidate will have experience conducting employment investigations, responding to charges of discrimination, conducting legal research, and drafting agreements.
- Traditional labor experience is a plus.
- The ideal candidate would also have experience working on the defense of representative wage and hour actions (class or collective).
- Please submit cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample.
Disclaimer: Search firms with a current agreement in place with McGuireWoods LLP may submit materials through the McGuireWoods Search Firm Portal. Please reach out to the Attorney Recruiting Manager listed below to gain registration access if needed. All other unsolicited submissions by search firms will be deemed not accepted.
California residents have special rights with respect to personal information. If you are a California resident applying for a position at McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and personal information the firm collects.
Grace T. Pressley
Attorney Recruiting Assistant
T: +1 704 343 2173
F: +1 704 343 2300
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org