Public Counsel’s Federal Pro Se Clinic provides high quality legal assistance to people litigating cases in the federal district court in Los Angeles. Located at the Roybal Federal Building in downtown Los Angeles, the Clinic serves the needs of a growing population of pro se litigants. The Clinic also provides a setting to connect these litigants with volunteer attorneys from major law firms. Public Counsel also takes certain meritorious cases for full representation or placement with pro bono counsel. The Federal Pro Se Clinic is part of the Consumer Rights & Economic Justice project.
This is an entry-level position.
Reporting to the Supervising Staff Attorney, the new Administrative Assistant will:
- Conduct preliminary intake interviews and gather relevant documents and information under the supervision of an attorney;
- Coordinate client appointments and volunteer attorney schedules at the Federal Pro Se Clinic;
- Provide support to Staff Attorney and Supervising Staff Attorney;
- Maintain client case files, complete data entry, and monitor outcome tracking for the Clinic;
- Assist with the development of informational materials;
- Perform various clerical duties such as record-keeping, document copying, e-filing, etc.;
- Work closely with pro se litigants, staff, and volunteer attorneys on public benefits, civil rights, and other cases; and,
- Complete other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.