The California Department of Justice
Join the California Department of Justice – Office of the Attorney General to help administer justice on behalf of 40 million Californians. Our Health, Education and Welfare section (HEW) is looking for seasoned litigators to join our team! HEW attorneys represent over 30 state agencies that administer a multitude of state health, education, and welfare programs.
- Managing all phases of litigation in both state and federal trial and appellate courts
- Carrying a varied caseload
- Submitting extensive briefing in both trial and appellate courts on issues of first impression
- Handling all aspects of civil trials, writ proceedings, and complex class actions
- Defending against challenges to the Medi-Cal program (e.g., constitutional challenges to reimbursement rates, complex provider audits and suspensions); the practices and policies of state mental hospitals and developmental centers; statewide educational programs (e.g., monitoring of English Language Learners, audits of public educational funds); and public health issues such as the defense of nursing home citations.
To apply for this job please visit www.calcareers.ca.gov.