Website The Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law
Key Features of this Job:
- Handle a significant caseload including low-income domestic violence victims and their children, single parents, older spouses, immigrants, and others with a wide range of family law problems;
- Supervise, mentor, train and collaborate with volunteer lawyers and law students to provide additional pro bono family law legal assistance;
- Offer community legal education to empower low income persons with family law and domestic violence knowledge;
- Contribute to all other Center programs and services to ensure their continued vitality.
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Member in good standing of the California Bar;
- Excellent analytic and organizational abilities;
- Strong writing and public speaking skills;
- Capacity to travel locally and work some Saturdays;
- Family law, domestic violence experience a strong plus;
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Full-time, Exempt
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience. Benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance;
voluntary employee retirement plan; paid vacation and holiday leave; reimbursed travel and educational
expenses; professional development.
Location: Hybrid; Office in Los Angeles/Koreatown
How to Apply: Interested persons should email a cover letter, current resume, and two writing samples to:
email@example.com. Please write “Staff Attorney” in the subject line.
Please, no phone inquiries. Position open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org