WLALA Foundation Charitable Fund
The Foundation’s annual giving campaign – the WLALA Foundation Charitable Fund – runs every year from mid-September to the end of January. The Charitable Fund increases WLALA’s capacity to support its philanthropic activities. The theme of this year’s Charitable Fund Campaign is Access to Justice.
Since its inception, the WLALA Foundation has awarded almost half a million dollars to law students with a demonstrated commitment to advancing WLALA’s mission of advocating for principles of fairness and equality and improving the status of women by supporting their exercise of equal rights, equal representation and reproductive choice.
In just the past 15 years, the Foundation has:
- awarded tuition scholarships to 54 law students committed to fighting for social justice, equality and inclusion and to issues affecting women, children, minorities, or other historically marginalized groups;
- funded 27 Fran Kandel Public Interest Fellowships, enabling law students to work with an organization, or individually, to develop and implement a project in the field of public interest law; and
- funded 11 Inner City Law Center Fellowships to work with the Inner City Law Center’s Homeless Veterans Project focusing on issues affecting women veterans, including clients who have been victims of military sexual trauma.
- In addition, funds from the Foundation Charitable Fund are used support the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law, the Downtown Women’s Center and the Power Lunch Program.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
Please help us continue our efforts to support law students and our community partners who share WLALA’s mission by making a donation.
- Donate on the WLALA webpage,
- Text “Give” to (213) 262-2638 or
- Mail a donation to WLALA; 634 S. Spring St., Ste. 617; Los Angeles, CA 90014.
Email email@example.com for more information about making a pledge to match donations or about sponsoring a named scholarship ($6,000).
Many thanks for your generosity,
Lauren Birkenstock, Sarah Quist, and Susan Steinhauser
WLALA Foundation Charitable Fund Co-Chairs